Bruce and I celebrated our due date on Thursday. We had a fantastic dinner at a restaurant called Eauzone, located in the One&Only Royal Mirage Hotel. http://www.oneandonlyresorts.com/flash.html
The dinner was amazing and to top it all off my wonderful husband gave me a beautiful bracelet. Not sure if it was to tell me that he loved me or to tell me to Get It Out. :)
Having a due date makes me think of those turkeys that you can buy with the little plastic thingy that pops out when the turkey is cooked (if only it was that easy). So many people have asked me when I am due. I usually answer with a "this week" or something like that but immediately I get the "yes, but which day?" I always want to tell them that I am not a turkey. Of course this wouldn't make any sense to them...but it would be a typical random out-of-left-field Andrea reply.
Here is a picture (not the most flattering) of us outside the restaurant. As you can see the humidity has greatly increased here. +40 with high humidity is a whole new level of hot for us. At least it cools down to 30 at night.
This is a picture inside the hotel
MOVIE NIGHT
We also went to the movie Wanted on Friday night. Yes, I'm trying to keep occupied and we're trying to do things that we won't be able to do for a while. Let's just say that going to the Mall of the Emirates on a Friday night at 7:30pm is a BAD idea. There is a huge parkade (4 levels) with a bazillion spots -we figure the Chinook parking lot is the size of one level. We rocked up at 7:30pm feeling really smart because we had pre-purchased our tickets. Alas, EVERY and i mean EVERY spot was taken. We scooted up to the top level thinking that we could outsmart the masses - good thing there were only 100 cars that thought the same thing. Holy crap! There were 3 cars waiting for every 1 spot that opened up. It was a total luck of the draw. Had we not already purchased our tickets it would have been an instant "GET OUT OF HERE." Instead, it became a challenge - Bruce figured out a loop that we kept repeating, waiting for someone to leave. At 8:15pm (movie started at 8:30) EUREKA, there was a spot. We were so excited that the movie didn't even matter anymore. Too funny. As we were leaving the car, giddy with the excitement of winning the parking lottery, I said "Bruce, let's never do this again." Some bystanders overheard our joy and then my statement, needless to say they were having a good time laughing at us.
The other humorous thing was the kissing scene in the movie. The theatre erupted with hooting, whistling, and clapping...it was great. Always entertaining. - Public displays of affection are not part of the custom here. For instance, some of the rules posted at the entrance of the mall are no smoking, no skateboards, and no kissing.
No comments:
Post a Comment